Will the US attack Iran? Should we?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Wednesday, September 07, 2005


Jack Stanton cares about YOU!


I have to admit it - I like John Travolta. I think he's a good actor. But outside of the movies, he scares me. That Scientology thing is just way too creepy (although I love the t-shirts!)

But I do give him and his wife props for flying their private jet down south to deliver food and medicine to the victims. Good for him.

This picture though reminded me of his role in Primary Colors (in which he plays southern Governor, and presidential candidate, Jack Stanton - based on Bill Clinton) and the opening scene that talks about the "political handshake."

The narrator says that if Stanton gives a two handed handshake then he "cares" about what the person is saying.

If he touches the forearm or the elbow of the person with one hand, during the handshake, then he "really cares." The higher up the arm Stanton goes the more he "understands," "sympathizes" and "cares" until, in the ultimate show of devotion, he reaches the shoulder.

The point of the scene was to show that every move - even a simple handshake - was calculated and thought out (in other words, not genuine) for Stanton (i.e. Clinton)

Maybe I'm being unfair, but I saw this picture and immediately thought of that scene.

If the 2008 Republican presidential primary were held today, whom would you support if the candidates are:
George Allen
Jeb Bush
Bill Frist
Newt Gingrich
Rudy Giuliani
Chuck Hagel
John McCain
Bill Owens
George Pataki
Condoleezza Rice
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum
Undecided
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com